Well, hello there again! I’m back! And ready to report on my goals! I have an excuse for being absent for 3, max 4 days – I was translating this blog into http://nastasime.livejournal.com/, into Ukrainian for my non-English speaking friends and for LJ users.
The Daily Records
Went to bed yesterday: almost 2 am (started writing a post here but I can’t find the draft.. pity but oh well)
Woke up today: 8:30
What I ate today: 1) breakfast – omelette with cheese and yesterday’s fried&stewed vegetables 2) lunch – drank apple-carrot juice eating cookies with lots of seeds and without sugar, and before, I remember now, I did eat 1,5 sweet cookies with some green tea ( the matter is I’m trying to avoid sugar because I’ve got problems with my teeth – they’re sensitive and they’ve got caries. You better watch me guys – there’s too much seduction I can’t resist!) 3) dinner – multi-colour and multi-taste pasta spirals (is it fusilli?) with the remains of yesterday’s fried&stewed vegetables
What I wore today: At home I wear worm socks from different pairs but both with colourful stripes, than black sports pants with pockets and on the top dark blue long sleeves T-shirt with a black zipper sports pullover over it and a bright yellow scarf around my neck. Today I went out so I wore blue&pink striped socks, brown tight jeans, black golf and a dark green kangaroo pullover with a deep cutout, very hip-hop one . On my feet I had kind of black sandals that I like very much cuz they’re quite comfortable and closed and open at the same time, just enough to see my bright socks. I also wore a black thin coat that fits me quite well (so I think) and again my favourite bright scarf around my neck
My mood by the 10 grades scale: I’d say moderate today, not so much emotions – 4-5 points
What I did today for myself: oh, quite a lot for the last few days – staying in bad most of the time, watching some series ( “New Girl”, anime ”Anne of Green Gables” ) trying to get some rest and get over the cold I caught this Tuesday, reading some “Alice through the Looking-glass” by L. Carroll, watching a TED talks about a female teacher whose father was a gang leader in Los-Angeles and now she has created her own school http://www.ted.com/talks/pearl_arredondo_my_story_from_gangland_daughter_to_star_teacher.html. She’s cool! I have to talk to her and tell her about my dream-school! Her speech inspired me a lot and even motivated to write this blog post.
10 gratitudes for to-day
1) Thanks to my NGO for giving me an opportunity to take part in the great training on conflict management
2) Thanks to our trainer – a great woman, her name’s Christine as far as I remember
3) Thanks to Ukrainian Catholic University for bringing Christine over here
4) Thank to Pearl Aredodno for inspiring me, for reassuring me that I’m on the right way
5) thanks to my NGO again for giving me more chances to make my dream come true
6) thanks to Eva for her warmth and her beauty
7) Thanks to my friend Yulia. I love you girl! Even if sometimes you’re impossible but so am I:)
8) thanks to the all mighty Internet, I mean to its creators that I can write those things for you to read and comment. And special thanks to Google for all the opportunities it provides. I can’t imagine my life without it now… (OMG what’ve I become in 1,5 years…)
9) thanks to “someone” for commenting on my very first blog-post (I wonder who’s that?)
10) thanks to all of my English teachers the good ones as well as to the not so good ones. Because of all of them I’m here able to write all this stuff in decent English and sometimes even using some smart words
Nobody has given me a new task so I just go to my goals finally
1) earn 3000 uah a month a) I excepted a job offer from a language school http://greenforest.com.ua/, my dream job for more than 3 years so far. Wish me a good luck on the interview!:)
b) I’ve got some money (around 28 EU) from the state my official job that has officially started but in fact starts in 2 weeks
c) a friend of a friend wants me to give her some private lessons
In total: 2 new opportunities and 295 uah
2) managing my time I wrote a to-do list for September and for this week and for Monday and for Tuesday (Didn’t do it for the sick days – yesterday and today) and I’m writing down all the events I want to or I have to visit in Google calendar.
3) find my own method/way of teaching English a) I’ve read some articles on Teaching English British council
b) noted down some ideas
c) found very interesting webpages on education in general (http://www.edutopia.org/ and other) as well as on teaching English (can’t remember now). I have bookmarked them all in my Chrome browser
d) I’ve read some pieces of blogs (unfortunately they all are on blogspot , should get an account there as well) recently I’m reading mostly on class management – the games to play, the things to talk about on the first lessons with new groups. I should start a promised course of corporate English but still not feeling confident, ready to it. I’m a chicken!
4) develop a project of Andy (“My English Couch”) letting down the people.. I wrote 1 trial email to a small local IT company last week. No reply so far. I guess I should write it in Ukrainian as well. Gonna do this before sleep, I promise!
5) courses on https://www.coursera.org/: so far I’ve watched all the video lectures in Social Psychology from week 1 and a couple from week 2 (now it’s week 4 there). There are 7 more courses awaiting – 3 of them on teaching (quite boring and outdated), 2 other have begun last week (“Microeconomics principles” – the prof says economics is not only about money; “how to reason and argue” – can’t really remember what’s that one about, probably gonna un-enroll) , 2 more just started this week (“Creativity, Innovation and Change”; “Foundations of business strategy”-probably gonna un-enroll as well). Ok, let’s be realistic – I’m not going to make it. I think 3 courses in total should be just enough for my tight schedule and so far quite poor time managing skills: 1 certificate, 1 – all assignments done and 1 – all the video lectures watched.
6) go to bed 11-11:30 once I did go to bad before midnight. But I didn’t record it… And yesterday and today it’s late again and I have to get up at 8 am.. I thought I’m sick I don’t have to get early and go somewhere so I can stay awake for an hour more.. But I still have to go to bad earlier! Tomorrow (which is today already) I’m going to fall asleep at 11:30 no matter what!
go and do 7. Make business cards for my In Lime club 8. Make ad posters to invite foreigners from hostels – no use currently. I decided not to hold the meetings at least in September. I have to get used to my tight schedule
9. Buy a swimming suit and some underwear. I went to Auchan last Saturday and got there some underwear. It’s gray and plain! maybe this Saturday or Sunday I’ll buy sth pretty
Summary of the day(s): the day was ok. Yesterday was more productive about the urgent things.
Seems like I’m letting down my workmate from the NGO. We are supposed to start a project “Social English” next week but I’ve signed up to be a volunteer at a Literature festival and guide a German lady, a Polish-German translator. The events that I have to guide her to leave me no time for the English.. I don’t know what to do. There’s only 1 day when I can fit in social English and I’m not sure whether the room keepers can fit me in that time.. And this German lady is my chance to practice my German which is in my 70 wishes list and it’s going to be one of my next big goals…
A very dear friend of mine is feeling depressed and I don’t know what I can do about it because it’s the eternal existential question that doesn’t let him be happy ”who am I?” For me it’s all clear. But for him everything is so complex… I can’t just tell him “you are this” or “you are that”, even if I’m sure about it. He won’t accept it before the time comes. I want him to be happy but maybe he doesn’t really want it…
Brief summary: conflicts are good, it’s a sign of our diversity, we can learn from them and problems won’t go when we just shut our eyes hoping it will pass – that’s what I’ve learned on the workshop. And watching Pearl Arredondo gave me so much inspiration and a kind of kick in the ass. Still not sure about the corporate English tomorrow.
That’s all folks! I’ll see you soon!;)
Please subscribe, comment and give me a kick in the ass!
Thank you for reading it all!